Saturday, April 9, 2011

Family Trip to Salt Lake City

Our little family decided to take a quick and last-minute trip down to SLC last month. So we jumped in the car and went down March 18-19. It was so fun to get away! And it was really nice with just the three of us. We had so much fun!

 

We stopped in Centerville on our way there for lunch at In and Out. It was a first-time experience for me. It was pretty good. I LOVED the strawberry shake. Delicious!

DSC_0089

Don’t you just love the shininess on the burger? That means it’s gonna be good.

 

DSC_0090

Brycen was also a first-timer.

DSC_0091

He really liked the milkshake.

DSC_0092

And the fries!

 

DSC_0094 edit color

After lunch we decided to drive a little farther south of Salt Lake and go see my grandma in Midvale. We had so much fun visiting with her! She is one of the funniest people I know, and she loves her family so much. I’m glad we were able to visit with her.

(And I’m SO sorry to the rest of the family we missed seeing that trip! We really wanted to see everybody but were short for time. We miss you all!)

 

DSC_0100

After visiting Grandma we drove up to Salt Lake and checked into our hotel. Brycen LOVED the king size bed! It was really bouncy. He had a lot of fun rolling and crawling around on it. (With parent supervision, of course.)

 

DSC_0109

DSC_0113

DSC_0114 edit color

I was goofing around with my camera while we were relaxing and just happened to get this shot. Cute kid!

 

DSC_0129

And of course we were watching a lot of this stuff!

 

DSC_0148 edit bw vin2

Staying overnight in the hotel was like having a little slumber party with my boys. We stayed up and watched basketball and played in the hotel room. Brycen and I had ourselves a little photo shoot. I sure do love that boy!

 

DSC_0162 edit color

I really wanted to take Brycen to Temple Square while we were in town. Saturday afternoon, though it was very breezy, we decided to take Brycen. And I’m so glad we did! We had a great time, no matter how cold and windy it was.

 

DSC_0164 edit color

DSC_0171

DSC_0180 old paper

DSC_0187 edit color

DSC_0200 edit color

Our last stop was in Farmington to visit my aunt and uncle. These are the two that I lived with while I worked in Salt Lake a couple years ago. I sure do miss those guys!
Ashleigh, Kayleigh, and Penney made blankets for Neal and Angie’s “Calling All Angels” service project so I picked them up and took them home with me. Those blankets were darling!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Great pictures! Brycen is growing up way too fast! He is such a little cutie!

Katie said...

Brycen is such a cutie...I can't believe he is a year already. Time flies. Glad you could have a great time in SLC. :)

Kasey said...

Oh how fun!! HAHA..we went to In N Out for the first time..but we were in the drive-thru. They asked, "Do you want to eat it in your car?" We could NOT stop laughing and Cory said, "uhh..YEAH!" Like..DUH!! HAHA!! It was the funniest thing ever!!!

Post a Comment