Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Our Third Annual Christmas Decor Post

It's time for our third annual Christmas decoration post!
This one is a little late in coming, but better late than never I guess! As long as it's posted before Christmas we're good to go.
Join me for a tour of our home during this fun holiday time!
Welcome! We're pretty cozy in our happy little home.
This year we decided to wrap our front tree in lights. Over 1200 lights! Tyson stayed outside on one of the sunny days after Thanksgiving while I put the lights in the windows. We also put two plug-in candles in each window. Lately when we give directions to people looking for our house we just say, "It's the one with the really bright tree."
These are the trees we found last year at Walgreen's at 4 am. We had to take these two out again! I made the wreath at a craft day a couple weeks ago and I've just loved having it on our front door. It brings so much more color and vibrance than the one we had before (no offense, old wreath).

When you come in the house, close the front door, and turn around you will find the Christmas cards we have received so far this year. We got two more in the mail today but I didn't end up getting an updated picture. (Thanks, Guymon and Nixon families!)


This is on your left when you come through the entry. When it came to decorating the house this year we decided not to look at last year's pictures till we were all done. We wanted to do what seemed to look good and change it up from last year. It sure is fun having a third stocking! (Brycen's is the one in the middle.)


Our living room
(We are all finished with Christmas shopping. Everything is bought, wrapped, and out of the way. Yes!)

The banister
I just noticed the boppy pillow sitting in the middle of the hall. We're all about safety at our house.


This little bunch of decor is sitting on the floor next to the entertainment center. We received that cute gift box full of Christmas ornaments as a wedding gift. The box was too cute not to use! My mom made the snowman, and the little sled was a Real Deals steal last year. Tyson had the tree from when he first moved into this house.


Tyson's TV all decked out with garland and lights
As I'm typing this I'm just now noticing the reflection of the tree in the screen.


We've been able to collect a lot of cute Christmas books since last year. Barnes 'n Noble has had a bunch in their clearance section so we got some there. We found the Grinch book for only $5 when Kohl's had Dr. Seuss books as the "Kohl's for Kids" pick. We've had fun reading these books to Brycen!


The piano got some decorating as well. We decided to put the nativity Tyson's parents gave us last year on top of the piano. It has been a perfect place for it to display. However, when we were first putting it up the shepherd was dropped and his head broke right off. Thank goodness for super glue!


We had so much fun decorating our tree! One thing about having an unfinished basement is that we don't have to take our tree down. We didn't even take the lights off of it. It makes decorating it that much easier and faster.

We exchanged ornaments like we've done over the last two years. If possible we like to get each other something that has to do with the year. Last year Tyson gave me the doctor ornament because of our surgeries we had. And this year he gave me this cupcake ornament. I love it! It's so perfect for me. I love how they're in the little pan.


When we went to Vegas in 2009 we bought an M&M ornament while there. This year we went to the Oregon coast. We found this funny little star fish ornament in Pacific City where we stayed at the beach house. He's lounging on a towel and enjoying a refreshing beverage.


This is the ornament I got for Tyson. It's a little hard to see, but it's a sparkly candy cane with a Santa Claus on it. I thought this was really cute, and it represents Tyson's first official year of being a Santa dad.


And this is Brycen's first ornament. It's a little baby boy kneeling in his crib. Kind of makes you want to say "Awwww" huh. :)


With the tree comes all the wrapping of presents. I have loved being able to shop for Brycen and wrap the presents. It's so fun Christmas shopping for babies! And I'm sure it just gets more and more fun as they get older.


Brycen's doing a little giving himself. On the Miller side he drew Kate's name for Christmas. This is her present wrapped and ready under the tree.


The dining room
We moved that table to the dining room under the mirror when we got the piano. It's nice having more space to put decorations!


Can't forget about the Santa calendar!
I was able to use almost all my Christmas decorations this year after getting a little creative.


And of course, my little Tai Pan train. I love this thing! It's so bright and fun. We also still have the picture of Tyson and I on our honeymoon in Jackson sitting up on this table.


And Mr. Cutie Pie himself was such a good boy during all the decorating fun! Sporting the Christmas jammies and all.

5 comments:

love, Syd said...

soooo cute alli!! and don't worry about breaking the shepherd's head off... this year the dog's been stealing away pieces of my mom's nativities. so far we've retrieved everything, except for a poor shepherd who met an untimely death in Elvis' jaws. lol.

anyway - just wanted to say MERRY CHRISTMAS! you're decoration look great! and Brycen is still as adorable as ever!! love you all!

Britney O'Connor said...

Always love your decor...I need a bigger house so I can decorate like crazy! Haha. Or...that's the excuse I'm sticking to this year.

And love that little man!

Kristie said...

Very cute!!! I love Christmas! I just bought that same train this year and I love it!!!

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

I love all of your ornaments. Brycen's is for sure my favorite! I'm glad you guys are enjoying the holidays!

Unknown said...

It makes me feel like I'm there! Your home looks so cozy. You better enjoy all those cute decorations on the floor this year, because next year you might need to find a higher place when Brycen gets more mobile!! We really miss you guys and can't wait to see you next week! I can't believe it. Maybe we should coordinate a sleepover or something??? haha. We might be coming sooner now that our schedule got a little free'd up.

Post a Comment