Wednesday, December 29, 2010

"Chandler, I Think I'm Sick."

It's 3:30 in the morning. This is how Tyson feels:
And this is how I feel:

Pink bathrobe and all. (Thanks clipartguide.com for letting me borrow the entirely too perfect image that fits me exactly right now.)
...
A term that would describe how I'm feeling right now would be completely miserable. Tyson has gotten up a couple of times because of a toothache, and I've got a head cold from you know where. I don't think I've ever had one this bad. I haven't slept since December 23rd because of the excitement of Christmas. But on Christmas night I couldn't sleep because of a sore throat and stuffy nose. It has since then turned into the worst head cold in history.
...
When I'm in bed the pressure in my head is horrible. And to add onto that, my nose just runs and runs. You know that feeling where you have sinus pressure so bad your teeth hurt? That's how my teeth are feeling right now. Scratch that. That's how my entire head is feeling. There's also that pain where you feel like your head is going to explode if you bend down to pick something up. Not to mention an awesome cough. My pillow is about as crappy as a pillow gets so I can't exactly prop it up and try to sleep. And it doesn't help that I'm having the most detailed dreams of my life the last few days. Last night I was a new server at Roadhouse and couldn't find the kitchen to drop off dirty dishes and find a to-go lid for someone's baked beans. Didn't get a tip from that table. And tonight I'm at yet another Christmas party, but this time I'm taking a lot of pictures of cupcakes. Mostly green ones, a couple red. Most of these super detailed dreams have been about Christmas parties.
...
So here I am at 3:42. I have a roll of toilet paper sitting next to me (ran out of tissues yesterday) as well as a bottle of hand sanitizer. If I'm going to be sitting here sneezing and blowing my nose like crazy I might as well keep my hands relatively sanitized, right? On the bright side my favorite little man has been able to sleep tonight. He woke up at about 12:30 crying, but as soon as he was picked up he went right back to sleep. Hopefully he'll be able to sleep well into the morning and get the rest he needs.
...
I have a lot to do tomorrow and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to it if I'm feeling this crappy.
...
Frustrating. I need some soup.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

I'm so sorry that you are not feeling well. This year has been SO bad. So many people have been getting so sick. I hope that you get feeling better soon. Let me know if you need anything. Congrats on the new calling too. :)

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

Oh no! I'm sorry Alli. I hope you guys get feeling better SOON!!!

Amber said...

THat sounds awful. It sucks to be sick AND have a tootache. I know how both of those things feel. Take lots of mediciine, sleep, and nosespray works like a charm!! Hope you get feeling better!! Love ya :)

Post a Comment