Monday, January 28, 2008

We Thank Thee, Oh God, for a Prophet

Every month we have a family home evening with our entire Murri family - cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents - and last night we held it at our home. Dustin was able to join for the first time and meet the rest of the clan. Our lesson was on attending the temple and striving for eternal marriage, a topic covered many times by President Gordon B. Hinckley. Dad gave a great lesson on the topic, referring to many of President Hinckley's inspirational quotes. During this time was when my cousin's girlfriend received a text message from her mother telling the news of President Hinckley's passing. It came as quite a shock to us as we were sitting together talking about this great man. Though the news was sad and shocking to hear, the first thought that came to my mind was how happy he must be to be with his dear wife. And imagine the reunion with amazing people such as Joseph Smith and Brigham Young! I can only begin to imagine the joy in his eyes and the happiness on his face as he was greeted with open arms by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is comforting to know that he is in a place that we are all striving to be one day. And it is such a comfort knowing that the great work of the gospel will continue to go forth no matter who is at the head. I have no doubt in my mind that President Thomas S. Monson was called of God to be next in line as the president of this church, and I'm ready to follow him wherever he leads me and my family.

1 comments:

The Woods said...

Hey there girlie! I was happy to see your comment on our blog. I must say that everything that you see is from the wonderful wife. Every now and then I check it to see the things going on. I enjoyed your words about Pres. Hinckley. He is one of the things that assures of the truth of the gospel along with the B.O.M. Anyway, I hope that with his passing we can all take a part of him and make it a part of us. Anyway, hope you're well. - Brian and the Wood Girls

Post a Comment