Thursday, February 16, 2012

More on Brycen

Brycen is growing up way too fast and doing all sorts of funny things these days. Here are a few:
  • He started saying "shhhh" while my mom and Amber were in town back in January. I held my finger up to my mouth to say "shhh" and he did the same thing back. It was quite a surprise!
  • Brycen was really attached to me for about 3 days and I loved it. When he was sad he always wanted me to hold him and not Tyson. Usually this is the opposite. He wanted me to hold him when he woke up crying, he wanted me to pick him up during the day...It was wonderful while it lasted!
  • Brycen gets put in timeout at least once a day. Timeouts involve sitting in his crib with nothing in it for one minute. I learned in a parenting class that timeouts should be one minute for every year they are old. So for now they are one minute long. But he better watch out, he's two in April!
  • He calls graham crackers "cookie". If he wants a graham cracker he'll point to the box and say "cookie".
  • Brycen loves putting money in his piggy bank. My mom and dad have provided him with probably $10 worth of change just because they love watching him take it to his room and put it in his bank. Thanks for contributing to his mission fund, Mom and Dad! :)
  • He broke something for the first time on Monday, January 23, 2012. He had a glass and dropped it. I know. Why the crap did we let him hold a glass? It was one of our rocks glasses, which get used more than anything. Oh well. It's just an object. He was trying to put it on the entertainment center and it dropped, breaking on the carpet. I still worry that we didn't get all the glass picked up but that's another issue!

  • Brycen likes to sit on the counter while I bake. He'll grab things like measuring cups and pretend like he's putting something in the bowl. On January 24th I was making banana bread and he grabbed my bottle of prenatals and pretended to pour them in. He also grabbed a spoon and pretended to stir. He loves to be in the kitchen with Mom. On the 27th we made a Texas Sheet Cake for Tyson and he sat on the counter and helped me mix the flour and sugar. He loves to pretend like he's helping.
  • Brycen really likes to get in the cupboards and pull out the big plastic mixing bowl and all of the wooden spoons. He'll sit on the floor and pretend like he's mixing things. Sometimes I'll throw a few peanuts or raisins in the bowl and he'll stir them around. He loves it! It makes me smile when I'm sitting on the couch at night watching one of my favorite shows and I see a wooden spoon sticking out between the cushions. He loves to play with wooden spoons.
  • On February 12th he started saying "bu bye". I called my mom to see if he would say it while I was on the phone with her and he ended up having a 10-minute conversation, ending it with "bu bye". I was so glad Tyson got the video camera out during that time!

  • The other day he walked into our bedroom and came out with a sock on each hand and holding my deodorant. He also took his pajama bottoms off during that time. Funny kid!

  • He loves to sit in his highchair and watch cartoons on Tyson's lap top. We just pull them up on YouTube Sometimes we'll let him sit up to the table in one of the chairs. Lately he's been watching "Small Potatoes", "Tiny Toons", "Looney Tunes", "Pound Puppies", "Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers", and old Mickey cartoons.

1 comments:

Amber said...

Oh man what a cute nephew I have! He is growing up so fast, it's insane. ALl the new little things he's doing is crazy...except that they're big things! I'm so happy I got to see you guys this weekend. Thanks again for ann amazing one and for taking care of my showers. Sooo grateful for my twin. I love you!

Post a Comment