Thursday, October 27, 2011

We Have an 18 Month Old

It's hard to believe that Brycen is 18 months old. He's actually going to be 19 months next week so we're just inching closer and closer to 2 years old. His age will soon be stated in years and no longer months. Bittersweet!

This week I took Brycen over to the Ogden Botanical Gardens for his 18-month photo shoot. These are some of the results! He's at the age where attempting a photo shoot by myself is nearly impossible. Let's just say I followed him around and just took what I could. I still like what we got though. They're good memories. Enjoy!

He was so excited when we got there he just took off on an adventure.


Every now and then he'd turn and look at me when I said his name.


There were lots of falls and trips to get up from...


...but he kept on smiling and moving!


Lots to do at the gardens!


He loved the apples that had fallen off the trees.


Eventually he'd had enough of the picture taking.


But the tears went away when Dad came!


A Little About Brycen at 18 Months:

  • He knows his stuffed animals by name. At least the ones that have names. His giraffe Jerry, lamb Lambert, and puppy Franklin are the three that he really knows and loves. We'll say, "Where's Jerry? Go get Jerry!" and he'll go get him.
  • Yesterday he shared a six-inch ham and turkey sub from Subway with me. He ate three inches of it. I was impressed! He's a pretty good eater.
  • If he's in another room and he hears one of his favorite shows come on he'll run (with a big smile and arms a goin') toward the TV.
  • He hates wearing long sleeves. He loved the summer and all the short sleeves and shorts he got to wear. He'll tug at the sleeves and cry when we put a long sleeved shirt on him. It doesn't take him long to get used to it though.
  • He started saying "grandma" last week. I tried all weekend to get him to say it in front of my mom or Tyson's mom, and it wasn't till Sunday afternoon that he finally said it. It was at my grandparents' house and my mom was there too. They loved it.

2 comments:

Kasey said...

I love the pictures! He looks so grown up all of a sudden!!

Kristi said...

Brycen looks like a little boy now! When did he get so grown up?!? Adorable pictures

Post a Comment