Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Visit from Gramps and Grandma Miller

Tyson's parents came down for the day on Saturday and we had a blast with them!
It's funny how when you move away, the time spent with family turns into much more quality time and you appreciate it more. It was so good to see them!

We drove up to the hospital so Tyson could show his parents where he works. Then we drove down to Salt Lake and ventured around. Our day included:
  • Lunch at P.F Chang's - We all ordered something different then shared. It was perfect!
  • A visit to the new Deseret Book across from the temple - That place is amazing! It's so big inside and we all loved the art work. His parents got us our very own copy of "17 Miracles" and a cute "I Am a Child of God" book for Brycen. We stocked up on candy (Heavenly Caramel's - divine!) and ventured across the street to Temple Square.
  • Temple Square - We walked through the visitors center and enjoyed the familiar sights inside. I had never seen the model of the Salt Lake Temple before. That thing is so cool! It shows you all the different rooms of the temple. I've never been inside that temple before so that was especially cool.
  • Shopping at Gateway Mall - My birthday is on Tuesday so Milan and Julie wanted me to pick something out at the mall to add to what they had already gotten me. I'm such a spoiled girl. I had been on the hunt for the perfect pair of Toms but haven't been lucky enough to find anything I like in my size. Thanks to Lola Bella I found some! Happy birthday to me from Milan and Julie! That was so nice of them and I love my new shoes.
Brycen was a really good boy, and by the time we got back he was exhausted and ready for a nap. Our server at P.F Chang's even mentioned that he is the cleanest kid she's ever seen at one of her tables. Go Brycen! Being a former server, I told myself I would never let my children get as messy as the kids I'd have to pick up after. But I've never had to really try with Brycen. He's a very clean kid.

We had a great time with Tyson's parents and we really appreciated them coming to see us. Even if they only got to stay for 5 hours. We love our parents so much and we're grateful to have such a great support group in them. I can't wait to see them again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment