Saturday, December 3, 2011

Did Anyone Order Me a Plain Cheese?

I don't know about you guys, but this kid is on our priority list every Christmas.

image via flickr.com

I can speak for many of our family members when I say that Christmas without Kevin McCallister is like Thanksgiving with no pumpkin pie. Lucy without Ethel. Me without diet pepsi and chocolate.

The first two Home Alone movies (don't get me started on the others-what a waste) are a big part of our Christmas celebrating. We love having our list of Christmas movies that we look forward to watching every year. Home Alone, Home Alone 2, Christmas with the Kranks, The Grinch (both versions), A Christmas Story...the list goes on and on! We love it. We could have a movie night every night in December and it would never get old.

There are a handful of movies out there that are full of quotations that when said make me, along with other family members, laugh right out loud. The first two Home Alone movies are two of the best quotable movies I've seen! I love being at family parties and hearing someone randomly say, "I hope you didn't just pack crap, Jeff."

Today we were skimming through the guide on our TV and noticed Home Alone is on Encore today. In High Def. Where's the couch! Where's my diet pepsi! We are so there. We need to find both of the REAL Home Alone movies on blu-ray. That would be perfection.

I hope you are all enjoying this Christmas season and having a blast enjoying all of your fun family traditions with your families. I know we are!

And with that said...

"Guys! I'm eating junk and watching rubbish! You better come out and stop me!"

2 comments:

Amber said...

Ha ha!! It's not Christmas without Kevin! You know I don't own either of them? I know right? I have had to borrow them. I think I may ask for those for Christmas!! "Kevin, you're such a disease!" ha ha

Ashley and Dave said...

Kinsey just watched Home Alone for the first time yesterday, she really liked it but there were some parts that you don't think about unless you are watching it with your four year-old. "Ya, we don't say Idiot" "Ya, that't not a real gun, its a beebee gun. Whats a beebee gun? Its hard to explain. We don't use guns." "No, Kinsey, I would never forget you at home." :)

Post a Comment