Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sometimes It's Nice to Be Reminded

"One of the greatest challenges is to overcome the feeling that we are unimportant, that we are not special and unique. Do you think for a moment that Heavenly Father would have sent one of His children to this earth by accident, without the possibility of a significant work to perform?...

"My dear friends, you are a royal generation. You were preserved to come to the earth in this time for a special purpose. Not just a few of you, but all of you. There are things for each of you to do that no one else can do as well as you. If you do not prepare to do them, they will not be done. Your mission is unique and distinctive for you. Please don't make another have to take your place. He or she can't do it as well as you can. If you will let Him, I testify that our Father in Heaven will walk with you through the journey of life and inspire you to know your special purpose here."

"Your Life Has a Purpose," New Era, May 1979, pp.4-5
- Bishop H. Burke Peterson

1 comments:

Amber said...

I taught a lesson on this a couple of weeks ago and totally used this reference! It was perfect. It wasn't just a good lesson for the girls but for me too. There was also a story I read about a man who helped a young couple in need and the young man said, "why did you help me? I'm just a nobody." Anyway the lesson went on to say that the Lord does not like it when we say or think we are a nobody, because being a child of God makes you a real SOMEBODY. :)And that's saying a lot obviously because like you said we are here for a special purpose. Makes me feel all warm and toasty inside just reading this post. Thanks for sharing this Alli and reminding me once again!

Post a Comment